Thursday, November 19, 2009

Passages:

Which passages are significant in the book? Why? Quote the passage, give the page #, and explain the importance.

6 comments:

  1. I believe that an important passage is the typewritten message Mack got in his mailbox is significant to the story.
    "Mackenzie,
    It's been a while. I've missed you.
    I'll be at the shack next weekend if
    you want to get together.
    -Papa."
    I think this passage is important because it's almost mysterious and makes me wonder what is so important about the shack. Also, I think it is important in the story because of the reaction it has on Mack. It says he stiffened up, felt nauseated, and became angry. It makes me wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably the most important message in the whole entire novel is from the letter that Mack gets in his mailbox at the beginning of the novel. The letter said: "Mackenzie, It's been a while. I've missed you. I'll be at the shack next weekend if you want to get together. -Papa p.23"

    I think this is the most important passage in the story because it kind of ties up the story and tells you what the story is going to be about. It also puts a little bit of mystery in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think that the most important passage of the story was the letter that said, "Mackenzie, It's been a while. I've missed you. I'll be at the shack next weekend if you want to get together." -Papa pg.23

    I think that this was the most because it makes me want to read more to see if the letter was actually God. It also sets up the whole entire story and kind of tells us what is going to happen next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a sagnificant passage from the book is "' Only i can set you free, Mackenzie, but freedom can never be forced.'" pg 93. This passage, to me, really describes who God is and what hes all about. He wants us to be fully trusting but he wants us to do it by choice. because is we do it by ourselves we are fully ready to be one with Him.

    ReplyDelete